Son of a Saint salutes "Spotlight Sponsors," partners that go above and beyond in support of our mission.
- Urban South Brewery
- This beloved local brewery supports Son of a Saint in countless ways, including with its Building Lives drink series.
- If you’ve spent much (or really any) time in New Orleans, you’ve seen Urban South around. Maybe you’ve had one of their delicious craft beers on a hot afternoon or have spent time with friends at their vibrant taproom. But there’s more to Urban South than what they brew. They also have a well-earned reputation for their philanthropic efforts within our city. That’s one of the many reasons why we’re thrilled to have them as a partner.
- Our connection began in 2019 when former Urban South Director of Brewing Operations, Alex Flores, participated in Son of a Saint + Dat Dog’s 5th Annual National Hot Dog Day celebration and competition, and ultimately walked away as the winner.
- Each year since, Alex along with the Urban South team have shown incredible support to Son of a Saint in numerous ways, including supporting the organization’s mentor and volunteer recruitment efforts, donating to special and signature events, and running retail campaigns to help us raise critical funds.
- “We are honored to partner with Son of a Saint to work on a product that benefits such an incredible organization. New Orleans is built on community, and no one is doing more than Son of a Saint for the youth in our community,” says Alex. “The Building Lives collaboration celebrates the vibrancy of New Orleans and the opportunity for a better future that Son of a Saint presents to the fatherless boys in our city.”
- When the COVID-19 pandemic hit in 2020, Urban South was among the first of our partners to step up, donating hand sanitizer and PPE. The following June, Urban South deepened its partnership and its charitable efforts by creating a unique giveback retail campaign, featuring a custom Building Lives Brew drink which is updated and released seasonally. Proceeds from the sales of the drinks directly benefit the mission and mentees of Son of a Saint. Later in 2021, Alex Flores was named Son of a Saint’s August 2021 Mentor of the Month.
- “In my time, working as a mentor with Son of a Saint, seeing the real-time impact is inspiring,” adds Alex. “Watching these boys go off to college, achieve goals they never imagined and have such bright outlooks on their own future is so rewarding.”
- We’re thankful for everything Urban South brings to our partnership, especially their ongoing creativity and innovative ideas, and we’re so grateful to have them as part of the Son of a Saint family.
- For more information on how to become a Son of a Saint partner or financial supporter, please click here.